Friday 17 June 2011

Fire?

There was a riot in Downtown Vancouver when we lost a hockey game the other day.

Burn?

I live in Downtown Vancouver.

The crazy people were actually several blocks away, so I was in no danger of murder-by-Canucks-fans. But, considering that most of my friends live in Ontario, the fires might as well have been 10 feet away from me. Clearly I was in mortal peril.

Indeed.

Unlike all my lovely friends who were concerned for my well being, I was not concerned for myself. I don't care enough about hockey to join a riot, or to tell the rioters that they are dumb, so I remained in my apartment with my sister, lamenting the finale of Angel. And while I do very much enjoy fire and burning things, I was not about to go risk being near an explosion just for a romantic kiss.

I hate romance.

No, all I cared about was a comic book shop that is very dear to my soul. One that happens to be right in the middle of all the mayhem.

Red: The Riot. The blue dot: Comic Book Store.

True, I rarely buy things from this shop, as I am exceptionally poor, but that doesn't mean I don't care. I look forward to the days when I put on some clean clothes and venture out of my cave into the sunshine to go have a wee adventure there.

Sunlight?! It burns us.

I probably bother the employees with my space-eating. I pretty much just browse and hang out there while listening to the soundtrack from Majora's Mask on my iPod for around an hour, then leave. But really, where else am I going to make nerd friends?

Oh yeah...

Thankfully, my beloved comic book store was unharmed. Less thankfully, all the destruction was completely cleaned up before I had even stopped playing Tales of Symphonia the morning after the craziness. It was lame.

And awesome.

I wanted to see some smashed stuff! Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait until next time Canada flips a shit.

Oh yeah, I forgot, we're CANADA....

No comments:

Post a Comment