Wednesday 8 June 2011

I am bored. And short.

I don't have a job. I want one, but simply wanting something really hard won't make it so. Much like my childhood desire to be tall. I didn't really want to be pretty (choosing instead to play in the mud), and I didn't really want to be rich (oh how times have changed). No, all I wanted was to be tall. 

Not just tall, but very tall. 



So tall small that children would look up at me a cry.

FEAR ME!

So tall that Japanese tourists would mistake me for Godzilla.

Also an influential TV show from my childhood


But as anyone who has met me knows, I am not tall. Not even a little bit. I know for a fact that I haven't grown since Grade 7, as two pairs of jeans I bought then still fit me like a dream. I probably haven't actually grown since I was 9 years old. Yup, it is fair to say that my genetics kicked my childhood dream in the balls.

A dramatic re-enactment 

My one glory is that I am every-so-slightly taller than my older sister. Its a short lived glory, however, because although I am bigger than her, she can totally kick my ass. We arm wrestled a day or two ago, and 2 minutes in she asked me, “Are you going to start trying soon?”

I replied sadly, “I AM trying!” And I was trying. Very hard.

My defeat that followed was so rapid and great that even France would have laughed at me.

He's also more popular with the ladies than I am.


Yes, I am indeed the tiny, weak, ineffectual girl that men get taunted for screaming like.

The moral of the story children:

Some dreams can't come true, because science won't let them.

As seen above.


No comments:

Post a Comment